The dart, also known as simply a paper airplane, is the best known traditional paper airplane design and one of the simplest. As the name suggests, the plane's flight is like a dart, straight and fast over a decent amount of time.
Folding the Model[edit | edit source]
Begin with a 8 1/2" by 11" (standard American printer paper) or a A4 sheet of paper.
- Fold paper in half long way.
- Fold the top two corners down.
- Bring the slanted edges to the center line.
- Fold on the long crease.
- Fold the wings down parallel to the back non-pointed end of the plane or fold the slanted edges to the lower edge.
- Spread wings at a ninety degree angle.
- Write a message for Monica and Mike
- When the bride and groom enter, send them a message!
- Flight instructions: Hold behind the nose and throw with a quick motion. If folded and thrown properly, it will fly in a straight line for a moderate distance.